AdRotator v2 plugin for Unity don't display any ads

Jun 29, 2014 at 6:26 PM
Hi Adrotator team and guys,
I used to utilize the adrotator on WP7 and it works like a charm. Now, I'm making WP8 game on Unity 4.3.4f1. I've dowloaded and installed the Adrotator V2 plugin following the instruction at: http://getadrotator.com/adrotator-v2-updated-to-beta-release-of-the-v2-unity-plug-in/

At step adding : "AdRotatorManagement". I see it works fine with the display of settings in the inspector tab. I also kept the default configuration file: "defaultAdSettingsWP8". And then, I play unity, nothing happen, I see no ads on the screen.

So, I tried to modify the defaultAdSettingsWP8.xml to ads ids (including: adduplex, smatoo, inneractive) that are running on my previous WP7 app, but it still not work. I noticed that the sdk of adduplex is integrated with this plugin, so why my adduplex ad doesn't display even I set the probability to 100%.

Finally, I skip this problem on unity, continue with the instruction. So, I publish the project to visual studio 2013 project and then add reference the dll of smatoo, inneractive. But when I play the simulator on visual studio 2013, no ads display.

Anyone has any suggestions to help me out?
Thanks!
Coordinator
Jun 30, 2014 at 9:27 AM
Hmm, there should be no issue really, the Unity plug-in just makes use of the XAML support in the WP8 project.

If you try using the WP8 control natively on the device with your ID's and check you are receiving WP8 ads fro the providers. We've almost complete the current round of dev work on the upcoming update so if you have an issue, now is the time to pin it down.

P.S.
The source and management of the project has now moved over to the GitHub site :D
https://github.com/adrotator/adrotatorv2
Jun 30, 2014 at 6:17 PM
Hi Darkside, thanks for your response. But I still struggle for now to make it work. I saw some discussion on this site and find that some people seemly get it works. I also try the demo package at download page, but there is not much things in there but MainCamera and a ParticleSystem. The adrotator doesn't work in that demo package.
Thus, could you share me a sample working project of Adrotator in Unity 4.
Thanks alot!
Coordinator
Jun 30, 2014 at 9:55 PM
Will make sure it's a priority with the next update.