This project is read-only.

Adds only load the first time windows 8.1

Aug 21, 2014 at 2:35 AM

Im using adrotator for windows 8 and like you guys say on docs I add

s.PlatformAdProviderComponents.Add(AdRotator.Model.AdType.PubCenter, typeof(Microsoft.Advertising.WinRT.UI.AdControl));

and it works the first time, in the first page, but if i navigate to a new page with adds doest work and if a go back to the first page is not working :( basically only its ok in the first instance of an AdRotator, can you help me with this?

Aug 21, 2014 at 1:58 PM
Hmm, we've not come across that in testing.

Te core dev team ae on holiday at the moment, we'll make it a priority to check this out on our return.
Aug 21, 2014 at 2:26 PM
OK Darkside,

I will wait for your answer, please i really need this to release my app :)

Aug 21, 2014 at 2:29 PM
If you can, try downloading the source and referencing that. See if you can spot anything obvious going on while you wait.
back next week so it won't be too long.
Sep 1, 2014 at 10:54 AM
Hi @Amiguinho

I created an example project using the online source this morning with two pages, put the AdRotator control on each with a button to navigate between the two.
Sadly I was unable to recreate your issue as I tested this for several minutes flipping between pages using PubCentre and I only got 1 or two failures (most likely due to PubCentre not sending an add those times)

The project is here for you to examine

I did have to correct the line in the readme slightly as there is a bug with it, You used to use a static property for adding the DLL references but this was changed after testing to use a non-static property. My bad for not updating the install docs, will fix that soon.

Generally speaking we don't usually recommend using AdRotator this way. It's better to create your own user control with AdRotator within it and then reuse the same User Control on all your pages, this is more efficient and doesn't create multiple instances of AdRotator. If you need an example for that please let me know.
Sep 1, 2014 at 12:12 PM
Hi @Darkside

Thank you for this, yes i will try to examine you test project and see what i was doing wrong and put my adrotator in a user control and use it in the pages i need :) Thank you man i will say something when i try later today.
Sep 3, 2014 at 10:50 PM
Hi @Darkside

Sorry the late answer, but i found the problem you are using v2.0 of AdRotator and i was using v2.1 and just unistall the v2.1 and put v2.0 and just start working :) beta say not today :P will wait for the full release of v2.1 :)

Thank you very muche!
Sep 4, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Actually V2.0 is the final stable version of AdRotator.

The 2.1 beta was actually a mistake in numbering as it should have been 2.0.1 but NuGet is very unforgiving in that regard, doesn't let you take anything back. Since the stable release was pushed out we de-listed all the old beta's.

So in short, V2.0 is the version you should be using and which the example was created in.