This project is read-only.

AdRotator V2 integration pain with InMobi

Oct 21, 2014 at 6:33 PM
Thanks for making this tool, I am just having some difficulties integrating InMobi ad provider.

I tested it out by creating a dedicated InMobi ad on my main page and was able to see the test Ad displayed. When I comment that out and use the AdRotator with InMobi set to 100% I get this over and over:

Control {0} - Trying provider Inmobi
A first chance exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred in AdRotator.Core.DLL
A first chance exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in AdRotator.Core.DLL
A first chance exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred in AdRotator.Core.DLL

My app has not been approved yet and I am waiting on InMobi to let me know what I have to do to get it approved so perhaps that is the issue however I feel I should still be able to see a test ad in this state. It looks more like there is some incompatibility with the AdRotator dll from NuGet and the InMobi dll I downloaded.

Here are the versions:
InMobiWPAdSDK Version 2.0.4.0
AdRotator Version 2.0.2.0

My App is a WP8 MonoGame executable. I am using XAML to display the AdRotator and I have AdDuplex, Smaato, AdMob and PubCenter all working(although PubCenter suprisingly doesn't serve ads).

Thanks for any help.
Oct 21, 2014 at 7:04 PM
RIght, thanks for taking the challenge and implementing InMobi locally, if you are getting ads that way, then it likely not InMobi that is the issue but us.
What I'd suggest is first try testing with the new 2.1 release we just pushed out, however I suspect they have updated their control and this is the first we are seeing of it.

Could you try testing with the new version first and then log an issue on the GitHub page and we'll investigate further - https://github.com/Adrotator/AdrotatorV2/issues

If you have several other ad providers already displaying, then I'd suggest deploying your app with the InMobi control deployed with your project (which ensures your app will pass cert with the DLL deployed) but not enabled through configuration. If a fix is needed from us, we'll endeavour to get it resolved as soon as possible.

Those errors usually relate to an issue either loading the InMobi control (although I would also expect to see other exceptions raised which have more detail, e.g. PlatformExceptionErrors which we generate)