An exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred in AdDuplex.WindowsPhone.DLL and wasn't handled before a managed/native boundary

Jan 20, 2014 at 3:28 AM
I am integrating the control into my existing Windows Phone 8 app. I noticed, more often than not an error is raised when calling AdDuplex ads.
An exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred in AdDuplex.WindowsPhone.DLL and wasn't handled before a managed/native boundary
My XML
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<AdSettings xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
    <CultureDescriptors CultureName="">
    <AdDuplex AppId="80419" Probability="20"/>
    <Smaato AppId="65823668" Probability="20"/>    
    <Inmobi AppId="679bf6d6f3a34b0b83565e057b3d1543" Probability="20"/>
    <MobFox AppId="d4ba4cd22996a35faa2d07c182553dd1" IsTest="false" Probability="20"/>
    <InnerActive AppId="BorneoMobile_12_Top_Apps_WP8_WP"  Probability="20"/>
    </CultureDescriptors>
</AdSettings>
Coordinator
Jan 20, 2014 at 8:08 AM
This seems to be an AdDuplex issue, we noticed it appearing a while back but have not invested much time looking at as Ads are still served with AdDuplex even with the error.

Will check it out further in the next test cycle
Coordinator
Jan 20, 2014 at 10:22 AM
Re-tested today with AdDuplex's latest WP8 client (2.8.0.7) and the error no longer shows up either using AdDuplex natively or through AdRotator
Jan 20, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Thanks for the update. Is it possible that it might have to do with my app status which is currently 'Pending activation' in AdDuplex dashboard.

I've just apply for the new ID today.
Coordinator
Jan 20, 2014 at 12:17 PM
Possibly, it usually uses test ads if the adid is not ready.