Unity plugin, Inmobi and Smaato for WP8

Jun 5, 2014 at 12:01 PM
Hi,

I have integrated the plugin in unity and the AdDuplex works fine.. I have tried adding Inmobi and Smaato, and for both, when I run in debug mode I get output message :

AdRotator: Ads failed request for: Inmobi
AdRotator: Ads failed request for: Smaato

I believe I have followed all the steps required, eg, downloaded the relevant SDKs, add references to the Dlls, set up apps and got the relevant appIDs, set them to test mode.

Is there anything else I need to do in the visual studio project to get them to work?

Many Thanks

Lee Allan.
Coordinator
Jun 5, 2014 at 3:32 PM
You just need to check your account on the provider is active and you have entered the correct ad id's in the xml configuration for the platform you are targeting (wp8 / win8) which can be found in the Assets\adrotator folder.

If it is still not working, try a blank project for your target platform and test the ad providers control manually to confirm you are receiving ads from the provider.
Jun 5, 2014 at 5:24 PM
Edited Jun 5, 2014 at 5:29 PM
Ok Thanks, I'll try that.

Do you know if for those 2 ad providers the app has to be in the store before it becomes active? AS they ask for the URL, so this is may be why they don't work yet.

Thanks
Jun 9, 2014 at 9:18 AM
I can't get Pubcenter, Inmobi or Smaato to work. AdDuplex works OK. I have followed all the instructions. Do you have a sample project with these ad providers working at all?

Thanks
Coordinator
Jun 9, 2014 at 10:12 AM
I'll see about putting a sample project together with the upcoming updates.

The existing samples with all providers configured in the source on GitHub haven't shown any issues as such for Win 8/WP8 (https://github.com/Adrotator/AdrotatorV2)
So as the specific platform implementations work, there should be no issue displaying in Unity.
Jun 9, 2014 at 11:17 AM
That would be great thanks. However, I tried the Windows phone 8 example project by itself, and still have issues:

1) The admob app id provided in the example ( <AdMob AppId="a14e5b8669ef367" Probability="10"/>) doesn't serve any ads. I get the same problem if I replace it with my own.

2) Pub center works with the test settings (<PubCenter AppId="test_client" SecondaryId="Image480_80" Probability="0"/>)
But if I try and change the app ids for my own ad, it doesn't work (i use the 'Application ID' guid for 'AppId', and 'Ad unit ID' for 'SecondaryID')

3) Inmobi doesn't appear to work with the test id, or my own.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Lee.